How to leave a legacy behind for your children with ownership
Own it and rent it out. Own it and hold it to build equity. Own it thru investments and let it grow. Own it and pass it on. Own it and save on taxes. Own it and refinance to minimize the monthly payments as your assets grow. Own it and leverage it to own some more. Own it and sell it for more. Here's how:
For home ownership:
- Habitat for Humanity is a homeownership program that offers low cost housing in exchange for working hours
- First Time Homeowner Programs offer 3.5% down versus 20%
- Read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert K for advice and motivation on using real estate to build wealth and finding deals on properties
- Check out the blog "Lauren Allah talks about real estate and home ownership"
To start a business:
- For a free business mentor and low cost classes on starting a business read the blog "SCORE.ORG: Free small business advice program"
- For a free business consultant and more specialized low-cost training read the blog "Free Business Consultants and Low Cost Specialized Training"
- Read to learn how to structure your business finances "Profit First" by Mike Michalowicz
- For a checklist on the main points to cover purchase "How-To Biz Guide"
- Guideline on building your website without spending thousands purchase "How-To Make a Website"
How to buy and resell/rent/invest:
- Follow @ashleyj93 she sells courses on how to flip pallets and resell them.
- Follow @chrissssjohnson he sells courses on how to purchase stocks with dividends and options trading. Dividends are quarterly, monthly, or annual payments that a company makes to you for investing into them.
- Check out Turo - to rent your car out to other people for profit
- Visit Shopify's blogs on dropshipping. Dropshipping allows you to be the middle man between a seller and a buyer. You don't need any inventory, you simply market, provide the platform to purchase, and collect a profit.