If you're reading this blog it's most likely because you invested in our, Affirmation Cards for Women, so you already know the most important part. To break generational curses you've got to do the internal work. Here are more resources:
- Read the book, "It Didn't Start with You" by Mark Wolynn to understand the connections between generations
- Read the book, "Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents" by Lindsay Gibson to learn how to deal with parents who may act more like the child than you do.
- Read the book, "Black Men, Obsolete, Single, Dangerous?" by Haki R Madhubuti to overstand the importance of preparing our children to be independent adults.
- Get life insurance. No one wants to die but it is better to be safe than sorry. The earlier you get it, the cheaper it is. Transamerica is a common one but there are plenty of companies out there.
- Build their credit. Did you know you can add your child as an authorized user as well? While some credit card companies have an age limit, some don't. Bank of America, Capital One, Citibank, and Chase DO NOT have an age limit. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Teach them self love, self identity, confidence, and to ask questions... even if you don't know it all or apply it all. Teach it to them. Need resources? Check out our Positive Affirmations Workbook for children and our flashcard series.