The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles
A book with actionable steps on getting rich
This was a light and to the point read, very easy to digest. Loved that he highlights that it’s important to be rich in body; mind; and spirit. He also placed emphasis in not being a narcissist but also not being excessively altruistic. You have to find balance in all three aspects to be whole. Here are my favorite talking points that the author went into detail about:
- Never think that what you need will run out and do not compete because there is always enough to go around. Do not look at what others have in jealousy because you can have it to there is an abundance and everything that you desire.
- Your thoughts and your mental image have to be backed by purpose and faith. You can’t just imagine that it’s going to happen. You need to have faith that it will happen and you need to have the will to take actionable measures towards that thought.
- Those who lie, cheat, sharp bargain and take advantage aren’t truly rich in body, mind, and soul.
- To become rich you need to start removing all thoughts of poverty from your mind. Don’t talk about it, done reflect on hard times, and If you feel that you are currently in a state of poverty have the thoughts of riches in your mind.
- Get out of your head the notion that God wants you to live your life in poverty and always sacrificing for others God doesn’t want you to do that to live for God is to live in the best version of yourself. To be the best version of yourself you need to be rich meaning that you should be able to get whatever it is that you desire.
- The poor do not need charity they need inspiration. Charity is only putting a Band-Aid on the problem and only gives them a temporary solution. The permanent solution is them seeing you become successful them seeing you become rich that is how you’re going to pull those around you out of poverty.
- Stop waiting for the future or for a better situation act now. When you act now and you act and purpose in faith that your vision is going to come to light that better situation or environment will come don’t live in the past and don’t spend so much time daydreaming about the future that you don’t do anything in the present.
With these points alone I hope your convinced enough to buy this book. Its a cheap find on Amazon for $5.89 and part of Prime. CLICK HERE if you want to purchase.